Conviction come’s in the weirdest ways sometimes.
Over the past year, I’ve gotten more serious about running. Initially, I chose running because it was cheap way to stay fit. Hah, what a lie. Running hasn’t been cheap. But that’s a post for another time.
As my pocket book dwindled from one running purchase after another, you better believe I jumped at the chance to become a brand ambassador for Janji. Perks included a racing singlet and 35% off future purchases.
In my head, I imagined this equation:
Sale items + 35% off = #winning
The only roadblock?
The application process. Talk about intense. Two rounds of legit questions. I give you Exhibit A.
- As a Janji Corps Ambassador, how would you spread Janji’s mission in your area?
- Through Janji, what do you plan to do to inspire others?
- As a Janji Corps Ambassador, what would you do to improve your social media presence to get Janji’s mission out there?
- If we asked someone in your running community how to describe you/your role in the group, what would they say?
I’m not going to lie, I kinda treated it like I was applying to Harvard. I came just short of having my high school guidance counselor review my work.
I really wanted that 35% off. ;)
I thoughtfully considered each question. I brainstormed ideas. I genuinely asked myself, “how can I best represent Janji as an ambassador?”
But then I remembered…
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. 2 Corinthians 5:20a NIV
What if I replaced Janji with Christ in the questions above?
- As a Christ ambassador, how would you spread Christ’s mission in your area?
- Through Christ, what do you plan to do to inspire others?
- As a Christ ambassador, what would you do to improve your social media presence to get Christ’s mission out there?
- If we asked someone in your community how to describe you, what would they say? (Would they know you’re a Christ-follower?)
When was the last time I asked how I could be the best Christ ambassador possible? How many ideas have I brainstormed recently (or really ever) on how to pro-actively spread the Gospel in my city?
God calls us to be Christ’s ambassadors.
We represent God’s love for the world. It’s through us that people either come to know Christ or they don’t. What have I done to steward that recently?
Back to the drawing board…
Has God ever convicted you with something random like this? Share it with everyone in the comments!
P.S. I got my 35% discount. ;)